Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 4: VBS

Edgar found me first thing. I brought a small toy with me to give to him and when I placed it in his little hands he gave me a huge hug and told me that I "gave him two hearts." I just wanted to cry. This little boy who had never met me before Monday had grabbed my heart and it was very clear I wasn't getting it back.

The teachers were much more open to us. We had prayed the night before that God would open their hearts and would recieve the messages we were giving to the children. Those kids are the coolest little people. They love everything we do with them. They are learning the songs so well and LOVE the crafts we have for them. It is so sweet to watch them. They smile so much and give so many hugs. I want to just bring them all back here.

Before we left the states we all got together and made Salvation necklaces to pass out to the girls. They LOVED them. We made a little chart for the teachers with the colors and meaning of the colors along with the plan of Salvation so that they would always have it close by to explain and to use to lead others to the Lord.

We also took some time on this day to walk through San Mateo. It was very eye opening. I live in a nice house, with so many nice things. I have a bed. Many of these families had only one bed with tattered sheets and blankets. Yet, they all had smiles on their faces. Gives you something to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment