Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Monday, June 21

I set out to the airport early, early. My flight was supposed to leave at 9:50am. Supposed  being the keyword there. What time did I finally leave? Closer to 1pm. Why, you ask? We taxi to the runway and the captain comes on the intercom. "This is your Captain...thank you for choosing Delta...blah, blah, blah...generator...blah, blah, blah...engine, blah..blah...not working...we're going to get this checked" Ummm, back up to the NOT WORKING part and he had my full attention. Yep, I'm sitting on a plane, by myself, and something with the engine is not working. Cue full on panic mode starting..NOW. I turned my sweet little cell phone on faster than I ever have before and sent a text to our Student Pastor at church. Who told me not to freak out...HELLO!? Too late for that big guy.
I immediately started praying. I wasn't even off the ground and I was begging for the plane to land safely. Seriously. After God sort of smacked me on the head and assured me that I was going to be fine...I mean, I was still on the ground in Atlanta, not over the ocean going down, I calmed down a little bit.
The problem ended up not being able to be fixed and we were moved to another plane. Needless to say, I did some heavy praying on that new plane. A few hours later I landed in Guatemala safe and sound.
Mike, Carla, and Zach were there waiting on me at the airport. It was so great seeing them! After a quick walk to the car we headed out to the store for some things for the house and for some pizza Guatemala style. I was so hungry by the time I got there. One pack of peanuts on the plane didn't last long.
The team was gone to San Mateo when I got there so I had some chill time at the house before they got home. Boy, was it great to see my church family after the day that I had had!

No comments:

Post a Comment