Saturday, July 24, 2010

What's the deal with Guatemala?

I often get asked this question. The background on my computer at work is a picture of our recent trip to Guatemala, so when people walk by they see it. Some ask about it. Some just look at it. Many people want to know why Guatemala. I don't always have a clear, solid answer. Because I really don't know. All I know is that God provided a way for me to serve there last year and all I can think about is how much longer it is before I get to go back.

I never thought that I would be in a place where missions was such a desire for me.


God did so many things in my life when I was in Guatemala last summer and those things have expanded to even more things. I have gotten the opportunity to share God's love with a land of people who want to know. I've gotten to help families who had nothing. I've gotten to love on children who don't always have a mom or dad to love them.

Every time I go, I come back changed. I come back with an even stronger love for the people and country of Guatemala.

So, what IS the deal?


The deal is this: God commissioned His children to go out and tell the world about Him. That's what I'm doing. Simply following His guiding hand to wherever He leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment