Saturday, May 2, 2009

God's Love

Tonight I was sorting through things and throwing things out and trying to "de-clutter" my belongings. I looked around and realized that I have a lot of stuff. As I was trying to figure out where all the "junk" came from my mind wandered to what I was going to experience in Guatemala. I follow several other blogs and one in particular, Dreaming Big Dreams, sticks out in my mind. The couple are adopting 2 babies from Haiti and have been to visit several times. Each time, Jamie writes about the things she sees, and a lot of time my heart breaks for the children and people there. They have so little. We have so much. They don't have a single pair of shoes. We have so many. They don't have clean water. We have tap and bottled water. They have little food. We have a lot of junk food. They have little. We have much. It doesn't seem fair in the scheme of things. For we are all God's people. And that is probably one of the few things that I'm going to have in common with some of the people there. They are loved just as much as I am by Jesus.

Each day I ask for God to give me a specific prayer for the people of Guatemala. Tonight my prayer is that He really prepares me to show His love. I want the love of Jesus to shine through me. I want the people to see that even when they feel like they have nothing, they have the opportunity to have something far greater than anything on this earth. Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment