Sunday, May 17, 2009

Only 3 weeks to go!

Wow...3 weeks! In 3 weeks we leave for Guatemala. I have been so busy getting things ready and preparing for this trip. I'm so excited and so nervous!
My passport came in the mail the week before last so that is taken care of and it's in a safe place until I leave. Hopefully I don't forget where that safe place is!
I have been to the doctor and only need one more vaccination to up to date and safe in another country. Lucky for me, the vaccine I needed for Typhoid Fever comes in a pill now. Of course I went with the pill! I start it tomorrow and it's a week long deal. The side effects are something I'm a little worried about. Nausea is one of the main side effects so I'm not looking forward to that at all. I'm praying God will sustain the side effects.
We have been meeting at church each Sunday about what we will be doing in Guatemala. I am on the craft team for the Bible school we are doing. I'm excited about planning crafts for the kids! We have so many great ideas...the sad thing is that there are only 4 days we have to spend with them! That's not enough time at all!

Pray for us as we spend the next few weeks really preparing the lessons, crafts, and games that will tell all about Jesus and His love for the people of Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment